Saturday, February 2, 2013

Introduction

Hello there!
My name is Taylor McAllister. I am a 20 year-old Southern Californian in my second year at Hofstra studying early education/special education. I believe that children have a very reciprocated way of learning where I as the teacher am taught just as much, if not more, than my students. I hope to teach either preschool, kindergarten, or special education, a kind of strange combination, I know; I also want to do it in another country, teaching English as a second language. In my experience, these students are highly underestimated, and will quite often surprise you. I want to teach these underestimated groups by challenging them and encouraging them to reach their fullest potential, while overcoming a language barrier. I plan to do this through integrating art and music into my lessons in a world where these programs are being cut left and right. I want to utilize new technologies to expose my students to new experiences and ideas. And I want to channel their inner child to reach their fullest level of intellect, self-realization, and creative expression, while mastering an understanding of another language and another culture.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment